Monday, June 23, 2008

Vík


My parents, sister and aunt visited us last week :). We took a 4-day trip to the South of Iceland (where we had amazing weather), from which I will show pictures in this post and the next few ones.

This set is from the Vík area, with its basaltic columns and black sand beach. Unfortunately the Dyrhólaey area was closed because of the birds' nesting season, so there were no puffins on this trip. Apart from the one on my plate at Lækjarbrekka later that week, I guess.

Field of rocks

The lovely basalt columns

If it's climbable, she will be there :)

It almost looks like a Rosetta stone

Fallen basalt

Sharp

The usual arm-length self picture

A cedar tree...

And a pseudo Baalbeck. I guess I was feeling patriotic!

My mom and aunt, lost in an Icelandic forest

My dad, looking very wise and spiritual (I think he was looking at some rocks)

Jó running up on a pile of small rocks

Tracks on the beach

Dyrhólaey (the Icelandic Raouche) across the beach

Water moving in and out

No comments: