Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Waterfalls


Here are some of the waterfalls we saw along the way. I am not including the ones in Skaftafell since I just posted them the other day. The top picture is from a waterfall by Kirkjubæjarklaustur; there were several more waterfalls there but I didn't take pictures of them.

Regarding the rainbow picture, it was taken by Skógafoss. When I got very close to the waterfall (and quite wet!), I could see this very strong rainbow, in a full circle all around me (with a diameter of a few meters). And whenever I moved the circle would move with me! Pretty cool for an optical illusion :).

Skógafoss...

And its rainbow

Seljalandsfoss, from the front...

And from the back! (you can walk behind it)

Gullfoss, from the front...

And from the side, a clearer view of the lower falls

No comments: